TelFormFactory for Windows users
Have you installed Java Development Kit 1.6 JDK1.6?
Trouble-shooting TelFormFactory on Windows platform.
- TelFormFactory requires Java Development Kit 1.6 JDK1.6 or later. This is not the same as the JRE. It is freely available from http://java.sun.com. Follow the instructions to install the JDK on your particular platform.
- The TelFormFactory jar file needs to be run using the java from the JDK bin directory: for example if the JDK is installed in "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14" then the command will start with "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin\java."
run.bat file searches the registry to find the latest jdk. If the jdk is installed correctly and you have updated the path - you should be able to type
javac -version and see the response
javac 1.6.0_20 or higher. Type
regedit to examine the registry (Carefully!) and use
Control-F to search for the JDK. Use
echo %PATH% to make sure the JDK bin directory is present.
- Be aware that your anti-virus software may also cause problems.
- If TelFormFactory has worked previously then your Windows system may have cached (or stored) files. Type
dir %TMP% and|or
dir %TEMP% and delete files as necessary. Check the file dates for relevance.
- Your Java installation has a Control Panel accessible through the Windows system Control Panel - sub-section Programs - Java. Here you can:-
- Network Settings: Enter your Network proxy server details to network-enable Java programmes. See your mythical Network Manager.
- Temporary Internet Files: Control the Java information which is cached by the Java system. TelFormFactory is still in development and versioning of TelFormFactory and its Java outputs may not be perfect. To be safe clear the Java cache and disable it.
- Advanced: Enable the Java console. This may show debugging information in case of problems.
Please report experiences to the relevant Feedback page on http://telform.co/wordpress.
This website uses a CSS menu which Internet Explorer versions 7 and below do not support. Please use the menu below.
Otherwise download Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 or other CSS compatible browsers.
Thanks for trying TelFormFactory!